Congratulations to Souperion for winning MnP129 and HarlemHeat360 for winning the MnP130 Free Round special! As a result of the special, which involved doing whatever the hell you like, Souperion moved his source pick to this round, which also contains HarlemHeat's pick, since he/she won the special. As a result, they both chose their own source for this month's MnP source!
Here's Souperion said about his pick:
"Sector 4 Underwater Area from Metroid Fusion. A hauntingly lovely piece which gave me pause the first time I encountered it in game. It's slow, flowing, and delicately simple. Might work out well for a double dose round, too." - Souperion
GAME: Metroid Fusion (GBA)
SOURCE: Underwater Area
And here's what HarlemHeat360 had to say about his/her's pick:
"So recently I took a solo MnP (so to say lol) run at Chrome Gadget here
If you know anything about my mixes, I really love vocals and I'll add them in anything if I see the opportunity LOL. Unfortunately there was just so much here that I wanted to feel here and I couldn't fit vocals in where I wanted to! So I said forget it, I'll just make the melody more prominent instead. Maybe I went too far lol. I wanna see what you guys do with it instead! Go ahead and feel the chrome of the gadget!" - HarlemHeat360
GAME: Sonic 3 & Knuckles (Sega Genesis)
SOURCE: Chrome Gadget
Deadline: 18th March @ 1PM
Closing Date: 20th March @ 1PM
Vote Ends: 27th March @ 1PM
MnP ARCHIVE - made by Trism
The goal of Compo: MnP is to promote that "meat and potatoes" conservative approach to remixing: this includes the mood and composition of source tunes. It is up to the remixer to create their own personalization, or to simply give it a sound upgrade. Moreover, the compo is a great opportunity to hone your remixing skills and give video game music the respect that is due. SOME reinterpretation is recommended, but not required.
Rules for Picking a Source:
- All video game sources are limited to the 6th generation of video game consoles and earlier. This was due to community consensus, where people preferred to remix more retro games, than newer games. 6th generation includes: GameCube, Xbox, PS2 and Dreamcast.
- I'm now restricting big name franchises (Such as Zelda and Mega-Man) to one source per year. This is to encourage more obscure games, that not many people will know about to be picked.
- Make sure you provide me both a video and a MIDI of the source in question.
- Modifying the Source is fine, so long as it doesn't sound completely separate from its original intent.
- If you're gonna do a genre change, at least make sure the original aspect of the source is not lost.
- Tempo changes are fine, as long as it's not a big change. I'm talking like, going from 80bpm to 140bpm.
- Submissions must be at a maximum of 20mb (keeping in step with ThaSauce's file size max), and submitted as a MP3 file.
- Only 1 entry per participant. Previous winner cannot participate but can submit a BONUS entry.
- Try to avoid making quality-based comments on submissions until after the Round is concluded. It is to avoid a Bias in Votes.
- When picking a source tune, make sure it has a MIDI to make people's lives easier.
- In-game sound FX are permitted, so long as they don't comprise the whole track (i.e. replacing entire MIDI tracks with just sfx)