5 day's ago we just said our final goodbyes to the hectic year of 2021, and welcomed with open arms, 2022. To kick off the year, as a formal celebration, we are going to have a no holds back Free Round!
This means nothing is off limits!
- Want to remix a video game source you like? Go ahead!
- Want to dabble in a soundtrack that's just been released this year? Have at ya!
- Want to make an original tune? Why not, it's all up to you.
- Remixes of your favourite artist/song? Yep.
- Come up with your own OST? Yep.
- Mashups? Yep.
- EP's and Concept albums? As long as it's not 2 hours long lol, More power to you!
- MIDI Rips? Of course! Nothing is off-limits!
- You can even do more than one entry (See conditions below).
And these are just examples!
The only conditions (Mainly in regards to submission) that apply are as follows:
- More than one entry is allowed, but you can only have up to 3 max.
- If your going to do an OST or EP (Or any extremely lengthy tune), then you can only submit one entry.
- None of the rules in regards to source selection apply here, since it's a free round, however the standard uploading rules for ThaSauce (20mb size, MP3 etc...) remain as normal.
And that's it really. Like i said, there is no limitations for creativity, it's whatever you feel is best for submitting. Good luck and have fun! I'm here if you have any questions.
The winner of this round will join the winner of the last round in a Double Dose for MnP Round 131. Hope you have fun!
Tip: If your doing a VGM remix, it would be advised for you to write down the game and source in the description, so people can understand, what's been remixed.
Deadline: 2nd February @ 1PM
Closing Date: 4th February@ 1PM
Vote Ends: 11th February @ 1PM
MnP ARCHIVE - made by Trism
The goal of Compo: MnP is to promote that "meat and potatoes" conservative approach to remixing: this includes the mood and composition of source tunes. It is up to the remixer to create their own personalization, or to simply give it a sound upgrade. Moreover, the compo is a great opportunity to hone your remixing skills and give video game music the respect that is due. SOME reinterpretation is recommended, but not required.
MnP Instructions/Guidelines - Not applicable for this round, but will be in normal/future rounds.
Rules for Picking a Source:
- All video game sources are limited to the 6th generation of video game consoles and earlier. This was due to community consensus, where people preferred to remix more retro games, than newer games. 6th generation includes: GameCube, Xbox, PS2 and Dreamcast.
- I'm now restricting big name franchises (Such as Zelda and Mega-Man) to one source per year. This is to encourage more obscure games, that not many people will know about to be picked.
- Make sure you provide me both a video and a MIDI of the source in question.
- Modifying the Source is fine, so long as it doesn't sound completely separate from its original intent.
- If you're gonna do a genre change, at least make sure the original aspect of the source is not lost.
- Tempo changes are fine, as long as it's not a big change. I'm talking like, going from 80bpm to 140bpm.
- Submissions must be at a maximum of 20mb (keeping in step with ThaSauce's file size max), and submitted as a MP3 file.
- Only 1 entry per participant. Previous winner cannot participate but can submit a BONUS entry.
- Try to avoid making quality-based comments on submissions until after the Round is concluded. It is to avoid a Bias in Votes.
- When picking a source tune, make sure it has a MIDI to make people's lives easier.
- In-game sound FX are permitted, so long as they don't comprise the whole track (i.e. replacing entire MIDI tracks with just sfx)