Congratulations to HarlemHeat360 for being the only official entry for Round 140 (Ignoring my Bonus Entry), resulting in him/her winning the last round by default! As a result, he/she get's to choose this month's MnP source! Here's what Harlem has to say about his/her's pick:
"Hey there video gamer. Next source I'm picking Feldschlacht II from Saga Frontier 2! I recently been trying to find more old school RPGs to do midi rips or "remasters" as the YouTube algorithm says I should call them 😂. A lot of games have plenty of folks who've done stuff and I couldn't really justify my little small corner of the internet getting down on a lot of tracks. However I found these battle themes from Saga Frontier 2 and they are pretty sick and I haven't heard roo many interpretations. Even the simple mock up/midi rip/whatever you wish to call it lol. Anyway, let's try some battle music!”- HarlemHeat360
GAME: SaGa Frontier 2 (PS1)
SOURCE: Feldschlacht II
Deadline: 22nd July @ 1PM
Closing Date: 24th July @ 1PM
Vote Ends: 31st July @ 1PM
MnP ARCHIVE - made by Trism
The goal of Compo: MnP is to promote that "meat and potatoes" conservative approach to remixing: this includes the mood and composition of source tunes. It is up to the remixer to create their own personalization, or to simply give it a sound upgrade. Moreover, the compo is a great opportunity to hone your remixing skills and give video game music the respect that is due. SOME reinterpretation is recommended, but not required.
Rules for Picking a Source:
- All video game sources are limited to the 6th generation of video game consoles and earlier. This was due to community consensus, where people preferred to remix more retro games, than newer games. 6th generation includes: GameCube, Xbox, PS2 and Dreamcast.
- I'm now restricting big name franchises (Such as Zelda and Mega-Man) to one source per year. This is to encourage more obscure games, that not many people will know about to be picked.
- Make sure you provide me both a video and a MIDI of the source in question.
- Modifying the Source is fine, so long as it doesn't sound completely separate from its original intent.
- If you're gonna do a genre change, at least make sure the original aspect of the source is not lost.
- Tempo changes are fine, as long as it's not a big change. I'm talking like, going from 80bpm to 140bpm.
- Submissions must be at a maximum of 20mb (keeping in step with ThaSauce's file size max), and submitted as a MP3 file.
- Only 1 entry per participant. Previous winner cannot participate but can submit a BONUS entry.
- Try to avoid making quality-based comments on submissions until after the Round is concluded. It is to avoid a Bias in Votes.
- When picking a source tune, make sure it has a MIDI to make people's lives easier.
- In-game sound FX are permitted, so long as they don't comprise the whole track (i.e. replacing entire MIDI tracks with just sfx)