347th 2HourTrackSundays Event (2HTS347)
Welcome to the 11th Dimensionby TheGuitarWiz on Nov 22, 2020
Ok you guys hear me out, the amount of BS I can come up with this goes to 11 and let me tell you why:
- This track is at 11 bpm
- This track is in F, which is the 11th of C
- The track goes through all the chords of the F major scale, each chord being played with it's 11th and changing to the next chord only based on the 11th note played on the previous chord
- The samples I used have to do something with either dimension or 11
- The cucckoo clock at the end sings the time 11 times
- All the presets in the plugins that I've used are the 11th preset in their list of presets
- All the tracks are set in -11 db, except the busses
- The keyboard preset I'm using in my Yamaha keyboard is called Cool Galaxy! and it's the number 11 in the list of voices including in the synth memory
- Even the master track of this song is at -11db
- The track ends in playing the 4th chord of the F major scale, this scale of this chord is the relative to C, so we're going back full circle and ends exactly at the 1:00 min mark
- There's exactly 11 items in this list
Me right now: https://media.giphy.com/media/LJ8aM1wbV9Gko/giphy.gif
ArduinoDimensionby Vaiaphraim on Nov 22, 2020
Step 1: connect a buzzer to a PWM output
Step 2a: plug in a photoresistor to modify control voltage to an analog pin
Step 2b: plug in a potentiometer to modify control voltage to an analog pin
Step 3: add a LOT of cables that don't contribute to the circuit, because if you move a flashlight behind them, they will cast additional shadows onto the resistor o.o
Step 4a: write some cheap code that reads photoresistor and poti input, multiply add divide and use all the symbols you always wondered what they might do. make sure that the poti does PWM while the photoresistor deals with pitch (or, well, change the inputs, whatever)
Step 4b: evacuate the building(!!!) before uploading the code, since the portal will open immediately after the program is compiled and active. (if you need more time for evacuation, try using a Delay(ms) timer. It's milliseconds, so just add a few extra zeroes, just in case)
Step 5: record the buzzer output, while waving around with flashlights, messing with the poti and dragging the circuit over the table, because you didn't mount it properly
Step 6: Just add a heapton of FX so that the original input doesn't really matter. Try octaving up and down for weird noises.
Step 7: Make sure you warn potential listeners, because the resulting noises are not always pleasant in the arduino dimension.
Dimension ELEVENby Kneecaps on Nov 22, 2020
Once, long ago on a misty eve,
a strange apparition appeared to me,
Tearing up time with a flicker and glitch,
I asked it these questions with a nervous twitch,
“What dimension are you from?”
"What intention do you don?"
“Have no fear” it did reply
"You wouldn’t understand with your small human mind.."
"Well that’s kinda rude" I said in a huff,
“I’ll have you know I’m hyper interested in this stuff.”
"I’m just popping through this rift in space,
to witness the implosion of the human race."
"Oh I see, yeah that might be soon,
Unless we can inhabit one of Saturn’s moons."
"Come with me it said and grabbed my hand
we’ll save you from this destitute-d land"
Not 1, 2,3,4,5,6, 7, not 8 not 9 not 10 but 11.
The 11th Dimension…