One Hour Compo - Round 529 (OHC529)
Nov 29, 2018 Xanthos
NickC - Very polished sound, everything seemed mixed and mastered very well. I can always appreciate a well-done DnB or DnB-esque track, and this is definitely that. I also liked the little breaks and whatnot. Everything harmonized well.
Dex - Awesome first track! The drums were intense, and the bass and guitar were badass too. This would be a great track for a military shooter or other similar game. This song definitely brought a unique flavor to the table as well. I only wish it were a little longer!
To everyone else - Great entries! It was hard to narrow my picks down to three!
Nov 29, 2018 DDRKirby(ISQ)
XenoSound's entry sounds like it could have come right out of an FL Studio project of mine, eerie!
Shoutout to newcomer Dex! Good Job :D
Dec 01, 2018 XenoSound
Xanthos - I don't know much about that genre, but I could definitely feel the ice-ness to it, and it has a nice groove
DDRKirby(ISQ) - I really like how atmospheric each part is, and how well they each fit their purpose
GreyHooves - I like how each instrument adds on to the other, and adds so much to the sound, especially at the beginning, and how much energy there is throughout it
Dec 02, 2018 Dex
XenoSound - Sound like a Mega Man theme! Perfect theme for an ice-themed robot master stage.
Xanthos - This is epic and lovely. Sounds like a theme for an ice level for a metroidvania or action-exploration game like that.
DDRKirby(ISQ) - Wow, four themes! The first one sounds like Final Fantasy 1, obviously. The main gameplay theme sounds great. Makes me think of a 2d platformer like Cave Story. The boss theme is great too.
GreyHooves - The marimba and piano parts at the beginning definitely conjure icy images.
Jarski - Definitely funky, but I don't feel the connection with the theme.
Arcana - I really like the development of the theme and the rises and falls throughout.
NickC - The sound design in this one is off the charts, and the high pitched lead conjures icy images. Lots of development and different parts to keep the listener interested. Great job!
Dec 05, 2018 GreyHooves
Arcana: Very nice twangy motif you have in this one, I enjoy hearing it.
Xanthos: Man, this reminds me of one of the Final Dreadnought tracks from Freedom Planet, very nice.
Dec 06, 2018 Misael.K
NickC: I felt the cold, I felt the freezing. Great beats!
Xanthos: lovely tunes, with a lot of variety and a good sense of atmosphere.
Arcana and XenoSound were very good too.
awesum: Arcana, DDRKirby(ISQ), jarski, NickC, XenoSound.
good: Dex, dusthillguy, GreyHooves.
Dec 06, 2018 Random-storykeeper
1) "From Fizz to Freeze" - I really love the juxtaposition between the two square waves doing a call and response and then doing crazy counterpoint in the middle-ish end. It's short but effective in its composition.
2) "From Under the Surface" - I like the atmosphere here, especially when the frequencies(?) are brought into the beginning notes, only to be met with a submersion of pads. I also like how the kick punctuates the passing of time. for me at least.
3) "Break The Ice" - The bass is just crazy in this. The drums are awesome. All around really energetic.
Other possible contenders for votes:
- DDRKirby, are you nuts? I shouldn't be surprised that you could write an entire OST in an hour. I've seen those soundtrack notes you've done for previous LD's; sometimes it takes you just ten minutes to write a two minute track. How? These are questions science may never be able to answer.
- Dex, I dig that long drum beat section building up to those electric guitar chords. Nice job overall.