One Hour Compo - Round 521 (OHC521)
Oct 04, 2018 DDRKirby(ISQ)
It's good to be back.
Oct 04, 2018 Random-storykeeper
2) "Safe House Dreams" - I haven't been listening to a whole lot of OHC stuff lately, but I liked how direction oriented this piece felt despite its 12 minute length. The chill but soft sounds feel comforting yet dark, and I enjoyed the juxtaposition.
3) "Warm Shelter" - I really love the composition and the arrangement of the instruments is spot-on. Those flowing arps, the gentle swell of the strings and pads overall gives a warm feeling. There's a stark contrast with this and the sound design. I didn't hate it, but I wasn't quite sure why things were distorted? It was interesting, but it did sort of lessen the tone of a "safe resting place" that the composition itself was carrying.
- DarkShadow makes piano music now? (fantastic!)
- DDRKirby - love the concept of your entry and your delayed arps and chip pitch bends are always so satisfying
- pandabot, I dug the heck of your piece once the piano kicked in. The end part where the flute ascends in its melody was such a great "ahhhh" moment.
- Arcana - Piano and I V vi IV? Both work great for creating that "safe place" sound. It seems like your melody writing has improved since I last listened to one of your OHC pieces, though I'll admit it's been a while since I've been listening to OHC stuff so maybe you've been good all those past weeks. :D
- GreyHooves - I love the warmth the piano gives off in your piece. It's interesting how there seems to start out somber, but as it progresses, the piece feels happier and brighter.
- obScene - I'm not hearing the mess LMAO this is so comforting. I picture staring at the night sky full of stars when I hear this... I love the piano melody with the percussion. Just overall quite relaxing to listen to. :)
Oct 05, 2018 ScorchM
Oct 09, 2018 GreyHooves
NickC: Very relaxing tune, it makes me think of an equally relaxing tune from Bomberman 64.
Misael.K: For some reason, this makes me imagine being in a cabin sitting next to a fireplace, sipping hot cocoa
Oct 11, 2018 Misael.K
obScene: a somewhat bittersweet entry, which I think works well with the theme. Not too cold, not too warm.
DDRKirby(ISQ): excellent production, very atmospheric.
awesum: DDRKirby(ISQ), Koekepan, NickC, obScene, pandabot.
good: Arcana, DarkShadow, GreyHooves.