One Hour Compo - Round 486 (OHC486)
Feb 01, 2018 daisu64
johnfn: those chips + the song length and its overall structure!!
Feb 01, 2018 Koekepan
Theme adherence was an absolute must. Originality, a must as well.
Random-Storykeeper's harmonies won the day. LunacyEcho's perky swing was the runner-up. Johnfn was absolutely true to his title.
Great work. Wish I'd had more votes.
Feb 01, 2018 rseonp
I'm always super impressed by live recordings (and lyrics): Eternal Love, Distant Hearts.... Как бы́стро идёт вре́мя, meh guitar, qtPILuv, monoculture (THA SAUCEEE)
I also enjoyed entangled, it's so laid back. And Mason's Island II b/c chiptune
Feb 06, 2018 GreyHooves
RSK: Very nice singing and Piano work
Johnfn: 2 nice chiptunes I really liked, but overall I enjoy yours more
(Daisu64's was also really good)
Feb 08, 2018 Random-storykeeper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
1) "un-- unsettling...?" - Although this piece is just shy of a minute, I really love everything that happens in it. From the gentle, lush sound design to the way the piece progresses overall. I like how it manages to become unsettling without ever becoming harsh. The overall vibes I get from this piece are thematic enough, as an added plus.
2) "qtPIluv" - This was probably my most favourite out of the vocal entries. The phrasing in it is just great. And going in and out of those effects was just...everything.
3) "Eternal Love" - Suuuuuper creepy. But I gotta give it you: this was unique to all the other entries. Your vocals suit this kind of unsettling, acoustic song very well, especially when you growl out that "diiiiie".
I liked so many of the entries (if not all? lol), but these were some of the ones that I tossed around as possible voting candidates:
- "a Paradoxcial Feedback Loop" by skandix - Love the panning, love the atmosphere BUT THOSE LAST THREE SECONDS lmao
- "Mason's Island II" by daisu64 - Chiptune and strong melodic work were hard to ignore.
- "Butterflies In Your Belly" by Misael.K - I thought this was one of the entries that most related to the theme.
- "Kiss in the City" by Arcana - Everything about the setup and the accompaniment is fantastic - the only thing it needs now is a melody that stands out more. :P
- "Как бы́стро идёт вре́мя" by min - The parts with the echoing vocals warm my heart.
This was a great week. Well played, everyone! <3
Feb 08, 2018 Misael.K
daisu64: OMG, such chips! the main melody here is absolutely great. And those harmonies!
johnfn: I like the chords, the rhythms, and the melodies in this piece. It sounds lovey without being obnoxious.
Special mention to LunacyEcho: a lot of cheese, and good cheese at that.
awesum: coral, daisu64, garlagan, jarski, johnfn, Koekepan, LunacyEcho, Random-storykeeper.
good: Arcana, Mehhh, rseonp, skandix.