One Hour Compo - Round 407 (OHC407)
Jul 28, 2016 Koekepan
Misael.K's lovely '80s nostalgia is a beautiful piece, well shaped. It is also a good take on a very different genre from the other top entries, and sounds polished as well.
Random-Storykeeper is a solid entry as ever. Somehow the bitter, grittier sounds didn't work quite as well for me, but well compensated for with soaring portamento.
Aug 04, 2016 Random-storykeeper
2) "Fluid" - I get a "strolling-in-the-city" vibe from this, which I think is clever, because I do feel a bit of "city" from the theme. The bass is what I particularly enjoy in this; the bends really convey that flexibility of that fluid. I don't know why, but I also get video game vibes from this. Like, it could work for a game about slime strolling through the city or something, lol.
3) "locks" - Sickest beats dropped ever in the compos I've been to. The play with the dynamics helps add variety to an otherwise musically repetitive piece. But I loved it all the same. I could argue maybe it's less thematic, though I'm sure liquid metal would ripple to music like this. :P
- "Mercuric" - I totally enjoyed the atmosphere throughout
- "Makes Metal Curl" - I really like the first half of this; the second half, when the major key bit started kicking in, did sound a little off to me.
- "high quality chrome splatter computer simulation" - I also get a bit of a casual city stroll vibe from this like "Fluid". It's just a bit on the short side for me.
- "Liquid Metal [The Ooze]" - The guitar is good; the opening part was easily the best section overall.
- "Thus ends the singularity: conversion to humanity" - Okay I do like this, but I can't exactly figure out why. Maybe just the mysteriousness of it all.
Aug 04, 2016 Misael.K
Shitbird: cover or not, this is boss. Would've loved some singing on top!
Jarski: psytrance seems to fit very well the theme. Good track!
awesum: fundamentalphantom, jarski, Koekepan, obScene, Random-storykeeper, sci, Shitbird.
good: Arcana, DDRKirby(ISQ), dusthillguy, Patashu, starla.