One Hour Compo - Round 396 (OHC396)
May 17, 2016 Random-storykeeper
1) "uniform" - Atmospheric and unsettling. It actually reminds me a little bit of one of the mining tracks from OFF - at least before the chorus comes in. The additions are interesting and keep the piece moving forward, but aren't so drastic as to change the overall mood.
2) "Obligatory Minor Key Song" - This grooves so smoothly. Even though it is repetitive and lacks some form a melody, it manages to be catchy and chill overall. And this is another entry that makes great use of a chorus, which here, really brings the beat and the continuum together.
3) "Sillouette" - Really like the instrumental stuff here, especially that awesome piano solo at the end. The vocals seem alright; a bit flat at parts but the "yeah"s seem to mostly be in tune and it wasn't too distracting. This entry doesn't really convey "the theme" to me, but I mean, the music is good overall. And like I said earlier, this seemed like a hard theme to interpret.
A couple of honourable mentions:
- "Another Night Of Boredom" - I like the introduction to this and its minor key sort of gives this whole tragic "There's nothing to do!" tone. I find some of the instruments a bit questionable though; they don't seem to fit in well with the piano and other percussion.
- "Open Yourself" - I like the guitar and the progression. I guess the only thing that really bothered me was that it sounded pretty much exactly like your entry last week, and also the fact that it doesn't really conclude solidly.
May 19, 2016 TinyCastleGuy
May 19, 2016 Misael.K
NickC: with such a difficult theme, I think you ended up really close to what I imagined. Good job!
Random-storykeeper: pretty entry, a lot of good stuff going on here.
awesum: NickC, Random-storykeeper, Shitbird, Stuff of Legends.
good: Acuity, Arcana, AshBob5000, GLL, jarski, Patashu, TinyCastleGuy.