One Hour Compo - Round 386 (OHC386)
Mar 03, 2016 Koekepan
Breaking Moore's Law is a little more musically disjointed, but sonically excellently chosen for the purpose. Fantastic work.
Untz in your computer is a happy, musical take on the theme that manages to win out over many others. Good job!
Mar 03, 2016 Patashu
FUNKOTRONIC by Shitbird
dumbdigibosa by sci
Win95.exe Has Stopped Responding by Suzumebachi
Smallest Highway by Misael.K
This. Means. CHIPTUNE. by Random-storykeeper
Will it compile? by Arcana
breaking moore's law by NickC
Netwark by Shael_Riley
lent by starla
Untz in Your Computer by Nicole_Adams
Mar 06, 2016 Random-storykeeper
1) "breaking moore's law" - This entry is solid gold, through and through. I love the different sounds, those running notes and the development overall. There's a lot of versatility in this track while still having a generally focused and uniform feel. That bit at 0:18 is very intriguing; I think this entry really captures the liveliness of the bits in motion.
2) "Smallest Highway" - Well, if I said the reason I was voting for this was because it sounds like the main theme, I wouldn't be lying. But that's not the only reason. It does remind me of a Cave Story waltz, but it's got this dreamy sort of clockwork quality with a Misael.K flair to it. The percussion evokes that feeling of things working in motion and there's something to be said about the instruments adding that little spark of colour.
The third place vote was the toughest to decide. Too many entries were fine contenders! But in the end, it came down to:
3) "Untz in Your Computer" - I like the beat and pace, and the effective simplicity. The little blips are a great touch and add to the whole computer hardware atmosphere of many bits in motion.
Other entries I really wanted to vote for:
- "FUNKOTRONIC" - > dig that bass!
- "Netwark" - > these synths evoke some nostalgia for me...love those last 20 seconds!
- "Win95.exe Has Stopped Responding" - > those wibbly wobbly sounds near the end
- "OHC 386 Reconfigurator 2" - > the pacing in this piece makes me groove~
Mar 10, 2016 Misael.K
Win95.exe Has Stopped Responding
This. Means. CHIPTUNE.
So, I'm kinda voting on which entries I thought were super awesome, for one reason or another.
Both Shitbird and Suzumebachi have great entries that get better towards the end, and I wish they were longer. RSK's entry has a great intro that goes in a different direction than what I expected.
awesum: NickC, obScene, Patashu, Random-storykeeper, Shael_Riley, Shitbird, Suzumebachi.
good: astruve, Koekepan, sci, starla.