One Hour Compo - Round 380 (OHC380)
Jan 21, 2016 Koekepan
MisaelK did a great job of conveying a sense of urgency. They're here, and your only chance is to fight like a rat in a trap, because that is exactly what you are.
And Mindless Hivemind? NickC represents the stumbling but inexorable march of the horde.
Jan 24, 2016 Random-storykeeper
It's only a matter of time before they find you
Attack Or Die
1) "It's only a matter of time before they find you" - I don't know how to put this, but...all the sounds in this work perfectly to create throat gripping terror. Listening to this is actually super frightening. I think it really captures that feeling of running from the inevitable. This is fantastically well done, thematically. And despite its length, it drew me in all the way. Props!
2) "mindless hivemind" - Oh my gosh I love this one. It really lives up to its title. I think the pounding sounds really drive the "mindless" that the piece calls for. This captures the feeling of an entire hoard of zombies moving as a unit. Love the slides, and how it just builds up relentlessly towards the end. I also love how it just leaves a long bit of silence there too.
3) "Attack Or Die" - These arpeggios sound super familiar to me, but I can't put my mind on where I heard them from. This was another good one; I can definitely see this suiting a challenge level for a game involving zombies. It's just the right length too imo.
Other entries I really wanted to vote for:
- "Maces of Bone and Sinew" - There's something about using guitar here that gives me a strange vibe, like hardcore preparation for an upcoming battle involving zombies? Yeah, that's about it. Also I totally dig the bass in this.
- "zspooki zombi" - Another video game-esque sounding piece. I think it's got a bit of a Halloween sound with the lead instruments.
- "untitled zomb" - Captures a very interesting sort of madness. I like the constant fadeouts really emphasise this sort of "fighting against" the breakout, maybe a transition into being a zombie? Super effective.
- "OHC 380 Master of Zephyrs" by Patashu - The sound effects make this awesome! I think that introduction is pretty solid too.
Jan 28, 2016 Misael.K
NickC: very bleak, great soundscape. The main lead is a bit loud, though.
Arcana: I really enjoyed this, some good guitaring here.
Random-storykeeper: the sounds you used give it a bit of videogame feel, which I feel doesn't quite work with the theme. Other than that, it was a very good piece.
awesum: Arcana, NickC, Random-storykeeper, Yoshiblade.
good: A2Z, aptbr, bleh, dusthillguy, johnfn, Koekepan, Mehhh, Patashu, Takeshi64.