Bible Black Main Theme (PRC135)
Dec 14, 2008 bundeslang
Binweasel - Very good start. I don't like the vocals, the balance with the song isn't very good.Nice songlength. The part after 2:56 is good. The strings are excellent.
OneUp - The song starts interesting. I like the background samples in it. I like the poem/hentai combination. The part around 2:20 is a bit boring, the part is calm too long.
Setokaibarocket - I like the bassline a lot. I like the part around 2:10 a lot. The drums and bass at the ending fits good with the ending of the song.
Torzelan - I like the samples you used. The kick is a bit too hard. For the rest there isn't much news in the song, it's almost the same.
Txai - I'm happy you made it on time to submit this. I like the samples you used. The song is done well, but not variating enough.
Dec 14, 2008 OneUp
just64helpin: A bit too boring, hip-hop needs rhymes :)
Binweasel: Interesting... nice guitars and overall sound. Those vocals almost lost you my first place vote though :P
Torzelan: I see were you got the influence to this piece... I'm also a fan of Pendulum :) I like the sound of this, nice effects and synths, but the beat should've been much more complex!
Txai: The instruments and sounds of this one is really great! I think it's rather boring though, the pace is too low.
Dec 14, 2008 Torzelan
2. The other track I happily listen to over and over, this time bobbing my head along with the unts unts unts. Really no one thing sticks out, neither positively nor negativey (the "morph-ey" effect in the background at 2:21 caught my attention though, badass), so there's not much to say. Head bobbing = seal of approval, simple as that!
3. Obviously takes the "epic" award. A bit unnatural sounding at times but that's one of the things that might easily take a hit when working on a tight schedule like this, right. 1:37 and onwards is really sweet, if all of it would've been more like that it'd probably have been my first pick.
Dec 16, 2008 kylenin
So, my picks are as follows: setokaibarocket for first, just64helpin for second, and Torzelan for third. Txai for fourth, but there is no fourth place.
Dec 16, 2008 Binweasel
2. ...unsettling. XD Again, I like the added melody, as well as the little interlude bit being kept pretty much the same as the original... The poem was a nice touch, but I think might have been better if the last verse had been cut, or, for a bit of added creepiness, ended with "She wakes at the sound of footsteps walking down the hall." It'd be nicer to guess at the rest - and for those who know the poem, the music could carry the idea across instead.
3. The church feeling was a good idea, but I felt things kinda wandered around too much around the middle. Loved the organ (and would like to know more about that voice!) The flutey stuff at the end (2 minute mark) was a bit too loud...
4. "The Right Hand of God" - This was nice to listen to, but didn't do anything very different with the source...
5. "Otäck Bok" - ...whereas this was a bit more interesting, but the samples hurt my ears. ;_; Welcome to PRC, though!
Dec 16, 2008 Hardbeat_Acolyte
Txai - Nice, don't really like the swirling single-note pipe organ in the intro but it soon gets out of that. the harp (kinda sounds like some kinda lute or guitar?) sounds brilliant and is what I actually like most about this mix. Choir sounds are quite nice.
just64helpin - Pretty cool, even though it kinda sounds like you're pulling the melody out of nowhere (kinda played at random in the key to suit the track) it isn't actually that bad. Instruments are nice, but personally I would've brought the drums to the front somewhat, making them louder and punchier. My way may not suit what you wanted to accomplish though.