One Hour Compo - Round 463 (OHC463)
Im Watching You (But Not In A Creepy Way)
Corridor Tree Lounge
Johnfn delivered the most polished result.
btype's creepy rap was great, but a little less polished in style.
Random-storykeeper's work was deliciously cyberpunk.
1) "Step Well" for its line of progression, and for making something upbeat, catchy and overall sounding like you were having fun while making this. Semitone-based melodies worked for the theme imo.
2) "Corporate Perspectives" - I quite enjoyed the sounds in this; there is a sense of the notes bouncing upward? that made sense in a stairwell perspective. I don't think I've heard something quite this adventurous yet mysterious from you, but I really hope you continue to make stuff like this because it's great. The only reason it gets second is...it does get a bit too repetitive towards the end for me at least.
3) "Perennial Corridors" - Very engaging. I love the drive and the bell-like instrument that plays the melody. A little short, but endearing throughout.
- Can I just say that I think "A strange place with a strange face" is one of the best entries I've heard GreyHooves do so far in this compo? I really wish I could have voted for it too. ;A:
- Also I love the idea of "The Ghost In The Server Room"; if only I could have heard Misael.K's "ghostly" voice over the piano better. :P
Good job everyone. :)
LunacyEcho: this was very well done. Liked the use of the theme.
Koekepan: I really enjoyed this, I somehow feel this reflects the theme quite well.
awesum: johnfn, Koekepan, LunacyEcho, Patashu, Random-storykeeper, sirocyl.
good: btype, DarkShadow, GreyHooves, InvisibleObserver.